Thursday, October 13, 2011

Product Review: My New iPad

Hello everyone, this is my first blogging experience, so please pardon the mess. I am technologically savvy but close to clueless about blogging. Well, the title of this post is "My New iPad". I figured I'd share my thoughts on Apple's newest tablet.

I got myself the iPad 2, 64gb wifi, black. I've had it almost a week now. The display is no different from the first iPad, but that's okay because the screen looks gorgeous. The new iPad is super fast, has a great battery life (10 hours) and fits perfectly in my bag. So far I've managed to get along fine without Adobe Flash. I don't miss it too much. Many websites that use flash (such as YouTube.com) have an app on the App Store, and they fit the screen perfectly. I'm also not missing s USB port or SD card reader because I can transfer files through iTunes or email stuff to myself (you can purchase the iPad Camera Connection Kit for $29, it lets you import photos directly from your digital camera). The keyboard is a little difficult to type on, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it (I'm typing on my iPad right now). You can hook up a Bluetooth keyboard, and the Apple Wireless Keyboard is a perfect fit.

Some of the only cons of the iPad is the pricing. It costs $500-$800 depending on the model. If you take a look at other tablets like the Motorola Xoom, the Galaxy Tab, and others, (more and more are coming each month) the iPad is actually competitivilly priced. I think you can manage to get a tablet for around $100 bucks, but they work like garbage.

1 comment:

  1. Please note that I wrote this a while back and didn't post it until this week. iOS 5 is out now, and it's a whole new experience. Not to mention new tablets are coming out every month.

    ReplyDelete