Friday, October 14, 2011

Movie Review: Winnie the Pooh (G)

Yup. Winnie the Pooh. It didn't last in theaters long. Probably because Harry Potter 7 came out on the same. Sad day, cause Pooh was great. I saw it at the dollar theater, and I must say I enjoyed it. No, I'm not 7 years old. I'm a teenage boy, and I'm proud to say that Pooh is on my list of favorites. I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. The music was fabulous. And yes, I began humming along in the theater. The voices were almost spot on to what I remember them sounding like when I was just a little kid. Disney decided to make a Pooh film that followed the original style of the old cartoons. The animation was just the same, the characters just as rememberable, and it even included the theme song at the beginning. Winnie the Pooh hits stores on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday, October 25. Netflix will release it on the same day.
Winnie the Pooh teaser poster

Pros

Great for kids and adults alike
G-rated. Clean, nothing offensive.
Feel good cartoon
Includes a 5 minute short

Cons

It was only a little over an hour long, left me wanting more
No references to Heffulumps :)

★★★★★ (out of 5)

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen the movie, but I really want to!!! And that is really sad that there are no heffulumps refered to in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! disappointment! u told me today that you were making a new post on Puss in Boots!! whats going on?

    ReplyDelete